Friday, November 21, 2008

Let it Snow!

Today, we woke up to a rather welcome surprise! SNOW! I love everything about snow. It snowed on and off for most of the day which just made today go that much better.

I have a ton of great memories that involve snow. Most of those memories happened at my Grandparent's house in Speculator, NY.

I remember when my brother, Jason, and I were snowmobiling and we were trying to be "cool" and ended up rolling the snowmobile over. I remember when my other brother Jeff, running into the house and stating my Dad and him just fell through the lake on their snowmobiles.

I remember sledding with all my cousins many times. Specifically, I remember going down the "steep" hill on an inner tube and as I was on my way down and turned around and slammed into a tree, back first.

I remember the huge snow forts we would make in our front yard. There, they measure snow by feet, not inches. We would make elaborate forts with tunnels and windows.

I remember cross country skiing with my Grandpa. I remember learning to downhill ski when I was barely old enough to walk and more recently, attempting to snowboard with my cousin Mark.

I am very blessed and grateful to have so many memories…I can’t wait to see what memories will happen this winter!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home